Saturday, October 31, 2009

Just for you mom!

We have been busy busy busy here in Michigan, and as the semester continues the list of things we have to do just grows. I am loving student teaching (except for the waking up early part) I have hit the half way mark and I am excited to be able to say I am a college grad. This week we only had two days of school because they closed the school to prevent any further flu outbreak.
So here is my most recent interest... While we were in Philadelphia I learned how to make the flowers that people use for baby girls. I just love them and even though I would love to have a baby girl to put them on, I don't. So I have been wearing them in my hair. The bigger the better right? So here they are.
These were the first flowers I made, inluding the little blue and white one below. I couldn't get enough of these so I decided I needed more colors.
The flowers you see here are a little bit smaller but I just love them anyway. I especially love matching my clothes to them so that my outfit corresponds just right with the flower I am wearing.
These flowers are a little bit bigger and well to say the least they are just fun. Four out of the 12 flowers I have made were sent to me for scrapbooking purposes by my mother. Who just loves to send me scrapbooking stuff, knowing that I will complete my scrapbook and she can look at it, because she never really works on hers.
This was one of those the bigger the better flowers. I really like poinsetta flowers and I especially like the ones you can find at wal-mart with glitter on them. (Phil calls them flowers with make-up.) Well I decided to go to Michaels to see what they had and this was one of two that I bought. I didn't expect it to turn out so big.

This is probably the biggest one I have made. I really like it, but I don't know if I will wear it because it is so big. This took a lot of work because I had to glue the petals to each other, due to the way the original flower was made.

I know some of you may think I am crazy but I just love these flowers, and I feel so happy when I wear them it is crazy how much wearing a flower can make such a huge difference in the way I feel.

1 comment:

paulandmelanie said...

Cute Flowers, wish you were here to share your lovely talent with me. I want to do another weekend of crafting and etc. like we did in Idaho.