Sunday, February 21, 2010

Our day at the Zoo!!

So a couple of weeks back we had two beautiful winter days, where the sun was out and although it was still cold it wasn't nearly as cold as it has been. Phil and I took this opportunity to be outdoors. We went to the zoo. Here the zoo is free to go to through the winter so it was a very inexpensive and fun date. I am so glad that we took the opportunity to go out because ever since then it has been one snow storm after another. We have had so much snow. So here are a few fun filled pictures of our day at the zoo and of course I had to throw in an updated pregnancy photo:)
Here is the camel

Here we are trying out a tiger look.
Phil was much more into being a tiger than I was...

Yes I do know that this squirrel is not part of the zoo exhibit, even though it was hanging around at the zoo, but around here there are tons of squirrels but where we live they are mostly brown squirrels, this obviously is not brown so we thought we would take a picture of the unique to our area squirrel. When I first started student teaching in an area about 45 minutes from where we live I was surprised to see a black squirrel as I am pretty sure I have never seen one before, then when I told Phil that there were black squirrels around where I worked he was very surprised that is, until he saw one for himself. Now you can all say you have seen at least a picture of a black squirrel.
Here I am 16 weeks pregnant and really starting to feel like my belly can not get any bigger even though it will be huge within a couple of months. So far pregnancy is good. I seem to be very unreliable mentally, which is nothing new, but I really think it is worse than before. I think it is kind of funny because I used to get really frustrated with my sister because when she was prego I would tell her something and a few minutes later she would forget, now the tables have turned and Phil has to deal with me forgetting what I am trying to tell him all the time. I am a little bit more of a klutz as well. I drop stuff all the time, and I spill more food than I eat. OK maybe the food thing is an overstatement. I can still sleep on my stomach so I still sleep well but I am sure that will change once I have to sleep on my sides. I have started rubber-banding my pants so they are not too tight, which is very depressing, but very cost effective. I know there is something else that I was going to write but I just can't remember it...
Well on a good note I have booked my flight to Utah which will be my last trip there before the baby is born. I am coming on April 27th and I will be there until the 8th of May WooHoo!!! I am excited to see everyone:)

2 comments:

Marianne and Kory said...

Phil kinda looks like the camel......

paulandmelanie said...

Paul was totally jealous of the black squirrel