Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Life as we know it


Playing at the Dinosaur museum with cousins

Waiting to board the plane


Approximately 6 1/2 weeks ago Daxton and I set off for a trip to Utah. It was an extremely long day of travel but Daxton was a trooper and did surprisingly well. We started off by taking the Michigan flyer (a bus) from East Lansing to Detriot airport. We then proceeded to board a plane that would take us from Detroit to Arizona and from Arizona to Utah. Daxton mostly just played with stickers but he also took a nap and watched an episode or two of Blues Clues. We were happy to land in Utah where my mother and nephew greeted us. It was a good reunion. My mother then took us to Arctic Circle for a late dinner and then to my in laws where we were happy to stay for the next few days. We played like crazy while we were in Utah and unfortunately I only have the pictures taken from my phone as I seemed to have lost my camera somewhere along the way. We were able to hang out with cousins and see a few friends so it was a fun trip. Of course our stay was not long enough as we did not get to see so many people that we love.



Sleeping on Grandma's kitchen floor.

After Utah Daxton and I headed to Idaho where my sister lives to stay with her for the next 4 weeks. Again we had a blast. We were busy with activities almost everyday so that when free days came around we were happy for the break. Daxton loved playing with my sister's kids. Daxton has learned so much over the past six weeks, he is talking a lot better, he loves going outside, he now throws insane temper tantrums, he has started singing more songs with or without me, and he has started to want to say the prayer. He is getting so big and he melts my heart everyday.
wearing Ana's snow boots
Daxton has recently shown an interest in wanting to wear shoes, usually not his own. He found his cousin's shoes and wanted to wear them so I let him and he thoroughly enjoyed it. He also tried on her skirt which was quite funny.

I held a Butterfly!!!
OK for those who are going big deal... This really is a big deal! In Michigan there is a butterfly museum at MSU where you can go and hold a butterfly. Well we have been two years in a row and both times I have been too scared to hold a butterfly. Yes that is right too scared!!! They are just so freaky up close. So while in Idaho I had the opportunity to hold the one in the picture above and even though I was still freaking out a little I am very proud of myself for holding it.


trying on a hat
Acting so cool

Just being cute after church


loving snow cones




walking with ana
Something you may not know about me is that I love snow cones and it seems I have passed that love on to my child. While in Idaho we had to have a snowcone almost everyday that we were there. For the first little while I just shared mine but after my sister bought Daxton his own sharing was not really what he wanted.  

playing in the front seat
While in Idaho we also discovered that Daxton loves playing in the front seat of cars. Not just for a few minutes but for an hour or more. So when we needed him to be distracted while we did yard work we would roll down the windows, open a few doors and let him play to his hearts content. He loves pushing the buttons and turning the knobs. When he was finished playing he could just get out and come be with us. 

climbing on the counter
Daxton has also mastered climbing onto places I would rather him not climb. Like the counter... there was one day where I went to take a shower and my sister was watching him and while she had her back turned he climbed onto the counter found the syrup and poured what was left of it all over himself and the counter. My sister was so worried about cleaning him up before I found out that she didn't take a picture. But when she told me what happened I was sad she didn't get a picture and thought it was funny how fast he got into trouble.


25 weeks pregnant
my new sunhat
I am feeling rather large this pregnancy and yes I realize that I still have a while to go but I already feel so huge. So far Pregnancy is good. I have been hungry a lot so I have been eating a lot but I am growing a baby so I figure this little guy just needs so extra nutrition because all I want lately is food.

Utah and Idaho were a blast, but now we are on to new adventures in Washington with Phil. He has been very missed over the last few weeks and we are glad to be together again. I will try to keep up more but we all know I say this every time and never do. So until next time...

No comments: