Sunday, August 29, 2010
Week One
We have had our little Daxton for just over a week and already I am learning so much about him. So far we have cried together, spent perfect moments together just looking at each other, and we have had to learn to be very patient with each other. Some of the things I have learned about him in our short time together include: that he is a total mama's boy. He can be screaming his little lungs out and as soon as I pick him up he is fine. (Though this is not always the case sometimes he just needs a good cry just like me.) He loves to lay on our chests. He loves it when I sing to him. He tolerates me reading to him though we usually only get one book in before he gets fussy and wants to move on. He loves to eat and of course he loves to poop. We have to be very careful when we are changing his diaper because he has what I like to call projectile poops. Both Phil and I have been pooped on while changing his diaper but the other morning was by far the biggest mess he has made so far. I was changing him after I fed him and he decided that I changed him just a little to early. He just let it rip and poo went everywhere, including all down the wall. It was one of the only times I have had to wake Phil up to help me change him. Phil was super impressed at the distance his poo actually made it. We also have to be careful of him peeing as we change his diaper, but this is something I expected having a little boy, the poo is a whole new experience. Having Daxton in our life has been amazing and we are learning new things every day. I am so grateful that he is healthy, and that he is so patient with me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Oh the pooping! Gotta love it:) I love your writings. You are such a good mom. Call anytime if you need to talk.
Congratulations on the arrival of sweet little Daxton. He is so handsome. Thanks for giving writing about your labor and delivery. That is crazy with the epidural. You are so tough and I am proud of you. I can't wait to see you and your sweet little boy.
The pooping gets a little more under control as they get older. :) When you potty train it's even more fun- pee on the walls and all over the toilet. Fun times.....
Post a Comment