Tuesday, September 14, 2010

New Photos

Here are just a few new photos of our little guy. Daxton is growing like a weed. I swear he grows at least a pound a week. Some days are great and others present challenges I never thought I would face being a mom. It just goes to show that no matter what anyone tells you or how many stories you hear about new moms there is nothing that can prepare you for the challenges you face with having a new baby. I used to have the teenager attitude of "that will never happen to me. My child won't do that" but now I am without words for how challenging being a new mom is. To all the mothers out there props to you I have a new respect for all of you.
This is when Phil says Daxton looks like me because whenever I used to fall asleep on Phil's chest my mouth would hang wide open and yes I would drool too :)
Here he is bundled up in his car seat. I need to give a shout out to Phil's Aunt Karen for making this awesome blanket. It has hole in it where the seatbelt goes so I do not have to try and buckle him up around his blanket. I love it!!!
Here we are with Bruce. Thus far Bruce and Missy have done very well with Daxton. They are very curious but overall they are doing much better than I ever expected them to. They often come upstairs to change him with me and when we first brought Daxton home Bruce had to go see why he was crying whenever he would cry. Bruce even barked at me when I let the public health nurse hold Daxton. It was like he was saying "Hello mom, why are you letting this strange lady hold the baby?"
I think this is a cute picture of him with his eyes open. He sleeps a lot so when he had his eyes open and he wasn't being fussy I had to take advantage.
This is his oo face he makes this face all the time and every time he does both Phil and I have to make it back at him. He makes many random faces right as he is falling asleep and after we he has eaten if he stays awake. We have tried to get more pictures of his faces but we have yet to catch them on camera.

2 comments:

paulandmelanie said...

cute pics! He looks like Phil. I guess that is a good thing since he is a boy

Marjie said...

It's mini Phillip!!! Ha ha ha ha ha!!!!