Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Changing table and Phil' s Birthday

I am trying to catch up on my blog so please be aware there is another new post after this one.
My oldest Nephew just left on his mission to North Carolina and I am so proud of him. Way to go Andy! Before he left he finished this changing table for me and I love it! I was told that I probably wouldn't even use a changing table but I don't know how people go without I just love having ours we use it all the time. Especially with the dogs, whenever I try and change him an the floor they are all about seeing what I am doing. When I saw the saying on it I started crying. I just love how true this saying really is. My nephew took the time to carve the saying by hand. He did an awesome job.
He also carved the legs by hand. Both Phil and I love how tall he made it as we are both pretty tall ourselves.
On Phil's actual birthday he was at school all day so we had to celebrate a little later on in the week. On Saturday we made biscuits and gravy (one of his favorites) and then we had cake. Phil turned 27 on the 8th and even though I did a horrible job at getting his present he did love his cake. This is the cake he wanted last year but when he described it to me last year I had no idea what he was talking about and by the time I did we had already bought the stuff for fudge. I think the cake was the best part about his birthday. Sorry Phil maybe next year will be better :)

4 comments:

paulandmelanie said...

What a nice changing table!! I was just always too cheap to buy one. I certainly would have loved a hand made one:) WOW

Marianne and Kory said...

Happy Birthday Phil! Your little guys is so cute. I can't wait to see him in person. When do you guys think you might me coming to Utah?

Jody said...

hope you don't mind me reading your blog tiffany, omg that changing table is seriously amazing!!!!! very jealous over here :-)

carolyn said...

Phil and Tiffany,

What an adorable little boy. I am so proud of you Phil. It is so fun for me to see the ESP boys become such great husbands and fathers. Happy Birthday to you too. Hope school is going well for you. Take Care