Here we are in our stripes. We are hoping he likes sports.
Finally a picture of Phil and Daxton.
Here's Daxton at one month.
Phil and his little clone.
Daxton is actually six weeks old now but I was supposed to post this a week ago. Blogging has been on my to do list for a while. At his five week appointment he weighed 12lbs 15.5oz and he was 22in long. He is growing out like a weed which Phil and I are both pretty happy he is getting so chubby:) Life has been crazy. It has been a roller coaster getting used to Daxton's very frequent feedings, his never ending diaper pile, and the amazing joy that he brings into our lives everyday. It has been so fun to watch him grow and to know that he is actually ours. Some days are hard but the good days outweigh the hard days and make every minute worth it. Phil has been very busy with school and work study so Daxton and I try to stay busy so the days don't seem so long. We go to the store and run errands (which have to be planned just right so that it doesn't interrupt his feeding because if it does he gets really grouchy, just like me:) We read books, sing songs, we go to play group (thank you to all my Lansing ward friends who still let me come to their play group) and we sleep. We had been going for walks quite frequently but I now have the "OK" to exercise so jogs will probably replace our walks. Speaking of which I went for my first post prego jog on Monday and it was unbelievably hard... who knew jogging two short miles could be that hard. We did the same two miles today and even though I thought it would be at least a little bit easier it was still super hard. I never want to be this out of shape again. Anyway when Phil does come home it is always a relief and I am always grateful to have another adult around. Daxton is starting to make more noises now which I think are the cutest sounds I have ever heard. (Yes I am sure every mom thinks this about their child) We are still waiting for him to start smiling regularly and it seems like it is taking forever. I think Bruce and Missy are now starting to get jealous which is completely understandable considering the last 6 weeks they have been totally neglected. Bruce is always following us around and anytime a hand is within Missy's nose reach she goes in for a petting. I think it will still take us a while to get into a routine where the dogs and Daxton all have their attention needs met.

2 comments:
He is Chubby! & definately a clone of Phil too! Hope everything is going good. Miss you
You are doing a great job as a mom, I am so proud of you. Daxton is getting bigger by the moment, I can't wait to see him again.
Post a Comment