Friday, October 15, 2010

8 Weeks old!!!

It is just crazy to me that Daxton is already 8 weeks old! He is growing like a weed and he is just so stinkin cute:) At 7 1/2 weeks he weighed in at 15lbs 14oz and was 24 1/2 in long. He is getting too big for his 3-6 month clothes and even though it makes me sad to see him grow so fast I love how chubby he is. He started smiling at 6 1/2 weeks and is still pretty particular about when he smiles but the best time to get him to smile is right after he wakes up and usually after he has eaten on one side. I have tried so hard to capture his smile on camera and I have gotten a few pictures of his little smile but none of his really big smile. Both Phil and I feel like the camera really doesn't capture how cute he really is because we always catch him at a wierd angle. So these are the best we can do. Have I mentioned how much he loves his changing table? He is usually pretty fussy at night but I like to take my showers at night which leaves Phil holding him and he ususally screams the whole time I am in the shower. So Phil started putting him on the changing table and playing with him there when I first get in and even though he still cries once he realizes I am not coming back he stays at least semi happy for a few minutes without me when he is on his table. (Though today I took my shower in the morning when Daxton is his happiest and he was really good for Phil. It was a relief for both Phil and me)

I like to put him on my legs so we can play we got a pretty good smiling picture here.

We wanted to get a picture of his cute little jacket and pants set, we especially love the little ears on the hood of the jacket:)


Michigan is beautiful in the Fall. Phil and I took the oppurtunity to get out and go for a walk with Daxton. Of course Daxton did not want to stay in his stroller so we ended up carrying him part of the way.
Holy Crow I can not believe I am 25! I know that it is really not that old but I definetly don't think of myself as 25. I feel like I should be turning 21 or maybe 22 but age is just a number in life so it really doesn't bother me. Phil being the awesome husband that he is made me fruit pizza for my birthday cake and it was so yummy I think I found the birthday cake I want for every birthday from here on out. I had a great birthday! Daxton gave me the best present of all when he woke me up for his 2am feeding he gave me a big smile!!! Hooray I am the first person he smiled at:) It was totally worth waking up for.

3 comments:

Marianne & Clayton said...

Happy Birthday! I hope it was wonderful!

Ok, I cannot believe the chunk! I love it! That is the sign of a good momma. (Are your dogs getting skinnier? J.K.)

Keep up the pictures!

Marjie said...

I wish you guys were closer. We miss you! Daxton is too cute. I can't wait for our boys to start playing together.

Phill and Tiffany said...

Wish we were closer too! I just know that our boys will be great friends:)