Tuesday, September 30, 2008

A weekend with the girls


Congrats to Shawna (My Sister-in-law) Sheri (My sister) Mother (My Mother) and Me for completing a duathlon. Hurray!!! It was a 5K run 47K bike ride in Pocatello Idaho. It was a lot of fun doing this event with my a few members of my family. The trail was not marked very well so I ended up going 26 miles instead of 30 on my bike ride. I have been known to take many detours when it comes to going places. Because I did not want to think I didn't complete the whole thing, I couldn't not go back out and get the extra four miles, so I went back out to find the fam and finished my four extra miles. We didn't finish very quick this year but our goal was just to finish, next year we will do better. I also got a wicked bad sunburn which was the worst part of the weekend.
The week end was so much fun. My niece and nephew were in Idaho with us and I loved spending time with them. The second night we were there they slept on an air mattress with my mother and me. Aspen only lasted half the night and Sheri had to come get her. Jamie stayed with us the whole night and that boy tosses in his sleep like you wouldn't believe. I didn't mind though I thought it was great just having him there.

1 comment:

Marianne and Kory said...

Nice work on finishing your durathalon!